Use the following links to download ArcGIS software and licenses. If you don't see something you need please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll figure out how to get it for you.
Unfortunately, ArcGIS only runs on Windows. There are alternative GIS apps, in addition to ways to run ArcGIS on Mac and Linux, however: Click here for more info.
For the Spring 2022 semester, ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) licenses expire May 1st (except for ArcGIS Pro). Please visit this website in mid-April to download a new license file.
If downloading ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap), we also recommend downloading and installing the Data Interoperability and Background Geoprocessing extensions as well.
- ArcGIS Desktop installation instructions
- ArcGIS Pro Installation and licensing instructions
- How to access ESRI eTraining Resources / Create an ArcGIS Online Account
- UMass Amherst GIS Hub (GIS Resources, Courses, etc...)
- UMass Amherst GIS Community of Practice Google Group
- U-Mass Amherst ArcGIS Online + eTraining + StoryMaps, etc...
- What ESRI / ArcGIS Software do we have access to? (PDF)