ArcGIS Pro does not need a license file, but uses your U-Mass ArcGIS Online organizational account to log in.
How to Install ArcGIS Pro, set up your ArcGIS Online Account, license, and start using ArcGIS Pro:
- Download the ArcGIS_Pro_31_Install_1st.exe file from ArcGISPro 3.1 folder in Google Drive, using the link you were sent. Once downloaded, click on the file to install ArcGIS Pro.
- You should also download the other files in the folder as well. The order to install them in is part of the filename (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). These files are patches and extensions that aren't necessary for ArcPro to work, but they help it run more smoothly.
- Before starting ArcGIS Pro, you may need to log into U-Mass Amherst's ArcGIS Online organization at https://umass-amherst.maps.arcgis.com in order to create an account there. You will need this account to log in to ArcGIS Pro, and can use it to publish maps on the web, host data, and access ESRI's eTraining.
- When you start ArcGIS Pro, if the ArcGIS sign-in window appears, proceed to Step 3. If it doesn't, go to the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select Sign In... and the ArcGIS Sign In window should appear.
- On the ArcGIS Sign In window, select Sign in with Your ArcGIS organization's URL
- Type in umass-amherst into the URL box on the next screen and check Remember this Link. Click on Continue.
- This should take you to the familiar U-Mass account login. Be sure that you type in your full @umass.edu e-mail adress to log in. If you don't, you'll get taken to a weird Microsoft account login screen.
- After that, enter your password, and you should be all set to start using ArcGIS Pro, and it should show your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Be sure to allow ArcGIS Pro to download and install any and all updates to keep it working in tip-top shape!
Please be in touch with email@example.com with all questions and issues.