PhD student Shaina Sadai, and professors Julie Brigham-Grette and Rob DeConto have been presenting their research at the United Nations COP26 climate negotiations in Glasgow.
PhD student Shaina Sadai, and professors Julie Brigham-Grette and Rob DeConto, have been presenting their research at the United Nations COP-26 climate negotiations in Glasgow.
All events were recorded on the International Cryosphere Climate Initiative (ICCI) youtube channel:
- Rob and Shaina's joint presentation on "Antarctica and Paris Goals: Risks of Massive Sea-level Rise" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qw-xCND02w
- Rob DeConto's talk on "Why is West Antarctica So Important to Near-term Sea-Level Rise?": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZtTu2Ehdhs
- Shaina's talk on "Sea Level Rise and Climate Justice" is in this segment around minute 40: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV2x2N6pMWc (Note: video removed ICCI due to technical- we're working on finding the new link!)
- Rob in panel discussion on "Antarctica and the Limits of Adaptation": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLnNHukmhGw
- Rob on the UN youtube channel on "Antarctica and Overshoot Scenarios: Risks of Irreversible Sea-level Rise " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_BV9WtLDPo&list=PLBcZ22cUY9RL4TEKTBfoLupiqS5n7Kr6c
- Boston Globe article featuring quotes by Rob: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/11/04/science/glasgow-hope-hot-air-mix-conference-address-climate-change/
- Julie's talk on paleoclimate reconstructions of sea level rise cycles: https://youtu.be/F6DK8Nhq-tY?t=797
- Julie's talk on what paleoclimate tells us about the need to limit emissions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUljYrcjYhw
- Photos are here, here, and in an Instagram highlight here.